Sunday, March 24, 2013

Our expert, Lily Ann Rose


Finding a grand dam of burlesque living in Atlanta is proving difficult, but we have made contact with a burlesque legend who lives outside of Atlanta. Lily Ann Rose, a featured burlesque performer in the documentary Behind the Burly Q, is eager to chat with us. Lily has written a book about her experiences, Banned in Boston, and desires to inform a new generation about classic burlesque. Her daughter is seeking a producer to make the book into a movie.
Click here to find out more about Banned in Boston, Lily Ann Rose's book.

Lily and I have been in communication over the last few weeks and I'm looking forward to speaking with her. I'm still experimenting with the best way to record our phone conversation and am developing questions to ask her. I have a feeling I don't need many as Lily is eager to share her stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment